The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbie: An action requiring a follow-up Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Under a project, I have an action that says, "email SoAndSo" I've emailed her, so that action is complete, but until I hear from her, the action is only partly complete. Should I make a sub-action that says, Emailed: Response?
Got to be a better way. I just can't think of it.

You can create a second task, e.g, “Waiting for reply from [contact] regarding [email subject]” and assign it to a Waiting context. (If you'd like you can make the Waiting context stalled, which will affect what tasks are visible when you use various filters). If you prefer to have these two actions grouped in your project, assign them to an action group.

To automate the process, check out curt.clifton's Complete and Await Reply script. Another option is simplicitybliss' Add Waiting For emails to OF script discussed here.

That works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijin View Post
You can create a second task, e.g, “Waiting for reply from [contact] regarding [email subject]” and assign it to a Waiting context. (If you'd like you can make the Waiting context stalled, which will affect what tasks are visible when you use various filters). If you prefer to have these two actions grouped in your project, assign them to an action group.

To automate the process, check out curt.clifton's Complete and Await Reply script. Another option is simplicitybliss' Add Waiting For emails to OF script discussed here.
Just downloaded mail tag! What a wonderful app. And then the script!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yennta View Post
Just downloaded mail tag! What a wonderful app. And then the script!
For the Add Waiting For emails to OF script, you'll also need Mail Act-On since the script functions best with an Outbox rule in Mail.app. There's a workaround without Mail Act-On—I think it's posted as a comment on the developer's page.

Awwww. I've worked on it all day, reloading it, making sure the @Waiting was not a nested context but at the top of the list. I've tried everything, the workaround posted on the developer's page. And then I went and bought mail tag and act on. So, the email is supposed to appear in my @Waiting context list??? It doesn't. It doesn't go anywhere at all. AND Growl doesn't show the script running, failing, nothing.

I'm on an intel mac running 10.5.8 and the latest version of everything.

Confirm that the Mail rule you create is an Outbox rule since the script is triggered when you send the email. Be sure the keyword you enter in the MailTags panel matches what you defined in the Mail rule. Also, the name of the waiting context in the script needs to exactly match the name of the context in OF.

I just installed the script and at first thought it wasn't working. I re-did the installation and script configuration 3 times and still got the same thing.... UNTIL I realized that the email wasn't being directly sent to the OmniFocus @Waiting For context in the perspectives I was looking at, it goes into the "inbox" and I had to give it a project and hit Clean Up first. I wasn't looking there for it initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijin View Post
Confirm that the Mail rule you create is an Outbox rule since the script is triggered when you send the email.
I'VE TRIED IT EVERY WAY I COULD

CURRENTLY: Okay, it's an Outbox rule, but is it supposed to be listed as an Act On rule? as shown in the first image? "Act On rules.jpg"

And then the Act On rule is invoked in the Outbox as "Act On Waiting" ?

Here is the script (which is in user/library/scripts/Mail/Waiting-for etc.) as I use it: "script.jpg"

Here is a sample mail test.jpg
OF inbox.jpg (nothing there)
Omni Contexts.jpg (nothing there either) AND Growl shows zero. Is not affected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	script.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Omni Contexts.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1078   Click image for larger version

Name:	OF inbox.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1079   Click image for larger version

Name:	sample mail test.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Act On Rules.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1081  

And, since I can't add any more images, here is a link to the invocation of the rule in both outbox and Act On

http://idisk.me.com/nowsthetime/Publ...913-163304.jpg