The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ethan Schoonover's OmniFocus overview video Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello again, all!

Now that our servers have recovered from posting those OmniFocus screenshots, we've decided to try something even more ambitious: we've posted an OmniFocus overview movie recorded by our good friend and brave pioneer user Ethan Schoonover, the author of Kinkless GTD(*):

Ethan Schoonover's OmniFocus overview video

Ethan's target audience is, well, all of you! His video introduces some of the unique features of OmniFocus, so that when we post our first downloadable builds you'll hopefully already have some notion of how you can put it to good use.

Please feel free to post any questions or feedback to our blog or forums--or just send them directly to us at omnifocus@omnigroup.com--and we hope you enjoy this more detailed look at OmniFocus!

Thanks,
Ken

(*) I'm guessing most of you already know this, but just in case anyone doesn't: GTD and Getting Things Done are registered trademarks of David Allen & Co. If you'd like to learn more about David Allen's GTD system, you'll find more information at What is GTD.

Thank You!

You have no idea how long I have suffered... :-)

For being in alpha, that's one mature app!

Many thanks for the thorough overview as well; That's certainly more information than I would expect at this stage of development, for any application!

I'm already convinced that this is going to be yet another of those essential Mac apps... I can't wait :)

I'm drooling all over my keyboard while watching Ethan's alpha demo

I am very excited and my clients will be also!

<drool>

Want. WANT!

Seriously, Omni. You rocked it. It looks amazing, and I can't wait to use it. I feel like a little kid at Christmas!

Oh I need this so much. It's beautiful. Thank you. Please let us have it!

alexandra

You have restored my faith oh Omni Ones.

I should be good to go for another month till I start frothing at the mouth.

Remember, though, release early, release often. :)

BZ

I went to bed with Ethan's video half-done, and woke at 5:15 to finish it. I don't recall the last time a software release actually inspired hope. Not just hope for the release--real hope for better days ahead.

Having spent much the weekend with Outliner, I see my time in Omni world was well-spent...and soon will be even better.

Thank you for the information, but most of all, thank you for the product!

Hello,

please enlighten me finally ...

Since I only have a Mac @home I really rely on good print-outs.
Will there be the ability to filter print-outs like Ethan showed
in the movie?

When I'm working, I really "hate" to get a hand to the mouse - so I hope
you will also implement some pretty convenient/convincing keyboard
shortcuts. (switch between projects/contexts, collapse all, ...)

and let me thank you for your great work so far and the nice preview.

regards Udo