The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Context Column Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There are few features that i would like omnifocus to have before 1.0 but one on the most important ones is a context column in context view

currently inactive contexts have a context column but active ones do not, I would like to see a context column for all actions when in context view

thanks

This is logged as <bug://bugs/41250> (Request: context column in content outline of context view), but the bug as written would only add the context column when grouped by something other than context.

I second this request.
Here's the rationale behind it in my experience:
I'm using the Context mode mainly with the "Due" filter activated and I'm expecting to see at a glance:
-all my pending activities
-ordered by due date
-belonging to such and such a project
-pertaining to such and such a context.
The latter information is currently missing and I find it really necessary (I keep wondering: "is that something I meant to do on the phone or by email?"). A Context column in the Context mode will do the trick.

One way to deal with this particular situation is to set up the view bar to group by context and sort by due date.

That said, there may be plenty of other situations one would want this feature.

Indeed, but somehow a Context column will keep the view "cleaner". I find the group headers bulky and distracting. Removing the grey background of group headers will help too, as in my opinion there's too much formatting floating around. Great app nevertheless, I'll definitely buy it taking advantage of my OO Pro licence :-)