The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniOutliner files in Dropbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Wizards, Ninjas &tc.

I've been trying out keeping omnioutliner files synced between computers by saving them to my dropbox folder, but this has been performing very oddly as of late, causing lost data. Two main symptoms I've observed so far:
1a. When leaving OO in Computer A, I save and quit immediately
1b. When I open OO on computer B (well after dropbox does it's thing), I get a message that a backup which is more recent than the saved file is available
1c. seems like no matter which option I choose (backup or saved file) isn't updated.

2. Most recently, I had a bunch of linkback images pasted in a document from Latexit, and when I opened the file on Computer B, about half of them were missing...
2b. This was a brand new file, so no version existed on Computer B prior to sync with dropbox.

Seems like Dropbox & OO don't get along right now?
Thanks!

I'm having the same issues....

any suggestions?

I saw a tweet from Tim Wood a few days ago that suggested that Dropbox has finally fixed a bug with file wrappers. Try installing the latest version of Dropbox and see if the problem persists. It worked fine for me in my quick test with version 0.6.507 just now.

Hi, the clippings folder is in library. Is there a way to have OO3 use another folder location for this file so that it can be located in my dropbox structure so I can keep my clippings with me as I move between my imac and my notebook?

If you have OmniOutliner Professional, you can locate your (multiple) clippings files wherever you like. With OmniOutliner, you might have to resort to something like using a symbolic link from the spot where it wants to put it to your desired location.

I have OO3 pro. I took a look around for where to set this file location but did not find it. Can you point me in the right direction?

Go to the clipping preferences, click on the + and you can set up additional clipping files wherever you want.