The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF 1.7 Planning Sidebar font Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I've long wondered why OmniFocus used Helvetica as the default. Perhaps a carry-over from OmniOutliner?
Not exactly; Helvetica is the default Mac OS X font for user-editable content (according to the Cocoa API to get the user's preferred font, +[NSFont userFontOfSize:]), so that's the font we typically use in editable content.

For all other interface elements, we use Lucida Grande. The question is whether a sidebar or project name is really "editable content," and we're now leaning toward the view that Helvetica is most appropriate in rich text fields (where you need to be able to use italics, which aren't available in Lucida Grande) and less useful for things like project and context names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
...and we're now leaning toward the view that Helvetica is most appropriate in rich text fields (where you need to be able to use italics, which aren't available in Lucida Grande) and less useful for things like project and context names.
Thanks for the clarification, Ken. That's just what I was thinking.

-Dennis

I would prefer the the fonts to be consistent with iCal and other iApps. It looks to me like iCal is using Lucida Grande in both the side bar and the main calendar area. But hey, to each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrjohns View Post
I would prefer the the fonts to be consistent with iCal and other iApps.
You know that you can set them to be that way, right? Go to the OF preferences, select the Styles tab, make your adjustments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You know that you can set them to be that way, right? Go to the OF preferences, select the Styles tab, make your adjustments.
Yes. Thank you.