The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Planning View Setting Question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a curious issue with the outline structure of my Planning View mode. I am seeing the entire folder/project hierarchy in the outline pane and I don't know why this is. I removed the OmniFocus preference file and allowed a new preference file to be created and the problem goes away. However, I really don't want to re-create all my saved preference settings if I can do anything to save the old preference file. Any suggestions on what caused this and how it can be reversed? Below are screen grabs of the old and the new. The theme is the default OmniFocus setting and the perspective setting is the default also.

Old Preference File-the folder "Sample Folder" appears in the outline pane.

If the project is not contained in a folder (at the Library level), then "Top Level" appears in the outline pane.

New Preference File-the folder "Sample Folder does not appear in the outline pane. This is the behavior that I want to see in the outline pane.

Looks like you have View > Grouping > Folder set.
It might be worth experimenting with other settings, like View > Grouping > Ungrouped.

That is indeed the cause-thanks RobTrew!