The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can Excel access an OO file as external data? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Is there any way to access the data within an OO file from Excel as an external data source - rather than having to export?

I have a requirements document in OO, with numerical columns (priorities, etc) that I'd like to be able to chart in Excel, whilst keeping the structure of an OO file. I guess I could create an 'OO export + Excel import' script environment, but I'm working quite iteratively, so just updating the query in Excel would be my preference.

Any help gratefully received

Best

Keith..

OO is stored in XML format but I don't believe Excel can parse it. I could be wrong, my Excel knowledge on this is lacking. Sorry.

Hi Derek,

Thanks for responding. It seems that the Mac version of Excel 2004 does not have the external XML data mapping functions found in the Windows 2003 version, so I'll need to find another work around for this.

Best

Keith..