The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

a help request to the community Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi, i just migrated all of my data from iGTD to OmniFocus a few hours ago. already i'm loving it.

i had a bit of an issue and was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience that could help. i have many "Miscellaneous" actions (no project). i was assigning start/due dates for some of my projects and tasks, and i'm not sure if i did something (or if it's just a prerelease bug), but now all of my isolated actions are gray italics (unavailable). this isn't a huge issue, but i was getting used to the color significance! i have removed all dates from these tasks, yet they remain the same. any help appreciated.

Gray italics means that the task cannot start yet (i.e. the start date is in the future). If you select "Available" or "Next Actions" as task filter, these items will not be shown until the start date and time.

thanks for the help.

as i said, there are no start dates for these actions, and i am viewing "Next Actions". i am confused as to why they're still in that state . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronfalls View Post
thanks for the help.

as i said, there are no start dates for these actions, and i am viewing "Next Actions". i am confused as to why they're still in that state . . .
Ten days later...did you resolve this? Did you put a start date in the future on the single-action container that the actions were in? Actions inherit the start date of their project, unless you specify otherwise explicitly.