The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Assignment of tasks to projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't know if I'm missing something obvious, but if I am, someone else probably is as well, so here goes:
When I create an action in the inbox one of the dropdown options is assignment of the action to a project. Makes sense. BUT, when I make the assignment, the action stays in the inbox and doesn't appear in the project unless I drag it there.
Am I doing this wrong or is it a bug or is it a feature?
My thought is that I need to be able to go to either a project or a context and see whatever is assigned to it.
I thought OF did this without my having to do it manually. Am I wrong?
Thanks,
Stephen

After you assign the project, you need to click "Clean Up" in the toolbar button. Then your action will be transferred to the correct project. This is to prevent actions from disappearing out of your inbox before you've finished assigning project, context, etc. to them. You might also want to check out the 'Data' section of OmniPlan's Preferences for a few more options about this behavior.

I've got what I think may be a similar problem - again, may be me being dense!

I'm sitting at the computer and think of another action, one that I need to do at the computer so OF is open at contexts/@computer. I create an action, assign it to the appropriate project and check the @computer context. However it won't appear in that context. I need to go back to the Inbox and redo it and *then* it will appear in the correct context.

Is this me or a bug?

One other point. Is it possible to re-order actions within the appropriate context window? EG I sit at the comp and decide I have the time to do (say) A, B, E and G. So I want to put them in order 1,2, 3, etc. I guess this is idiosyncratic, but it works for me :-)

Compliments of the season to all.

Just like the previous response, you need to click the "Clean up" button.

You can't reorder in context mode, except for using the sort bar. However, if you want to choose a number of tasks to do, flag them, then sort on flag.