The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspective weirdness Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm seeing something strange with perspectives; I wonder if others are seeing it.

I have a "Due Today" perspective that does what it sounds like: context view, grouped and sorted by due date.

If I'm in planning mode and I double-click on this perspective in the perspective window, it switches me to context mode and everything is correct. If I then go back to planning mode (via the mode button) planning mode is just as I left it.

On the other hand, if I first manually switch from planning to context mode before double-clicking on the perspective, when I switch back to planning mode, the settings are changed. For example, the view is set to "All Projects" rather than "Active Projects" and the other filter settings are changed as well (to "Ungrouped", "Unsorted", "Completed").

Anyone else see anything like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm seeing something strange with perspectives; I wonder if others are seeing it.
Yeah, I reported this via feedback (and this thread) a while back. The only workaround I know is to apply your perspective twice.