The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

List of known bugs? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a list of known bugs anywhere (well, apart from in Omni's internal bug-tracking DB)? I keep submitting them, but suddenly thought today "Oh crap, a lot of the things you're submitting are little UI glitches that they probably already know about, you're wasting the ninja's time".

Not that I'm aware of, but (and I am not a support ninja) my guess is that they would rather thave a duplicate bug submitted than none at all, and the more folks report bugs the more they realize where work needs to be done. Just guessing based on experience with other projects.

Yes, we should always submit, but in the pre-release programs for the apps I work on, we generate a boatload of goodwill by telling testers the known issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooce
Yes, we should always submit, but in the pre-release programs for the apps I work on, we generate a boatload of goodwill by telling testers the known issues...
On the other hand, the list of known issues right now is probably rather large, and I doubt anyone here has the time to wade through it on a regular basis. By publishing the bug list as it stands right now, Omni runs the risk of discouraging people from posting issues they encounter ("I don't have the time to check to see if this issue is in the massive bug list, and it's the kind of thing I imagine other people have encountered before me, so I'll just assume it's already in there (after all, the list is so huge).")

I can see it going both ways at this early stage. Once OF hits a beta, I think the benefits of an accessible bug database would outweigh the disadvantages more.

Even general "Here Thar Be Monsteres" guidance would be appreciated.