The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Duration vs Effort reacts strange Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I set effort to lets say 4d, duration is also set to 4d. So far so good.

When I now ad a resource to this task, the effort stays 4d as expected but the duration is reduced to something like <0.25 h. This probably has to do with resource settings I made but I don't know which. Any suggestions on this one...

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcovandermaden
When I set effort to lets say 4d, duration is also set to 4d. So far so good.

When I now ad a resource to this task, the effort stays 4d as expected but the duration is reduced to something like <0.25 h. This probably has to do with resource settings I made but I don't know which. Any suggestions on this one...

Thanks in advance
Is the resource you're adding by any chance a staff resource with an efficienty of about 2,000%? That's about the only way I can think of to get this effect, but if you suspect it's a bug, by all means, use the "Send Feedback..." feature under the "Help" menu and send us a document.

-Tom

Hi Tom,

You put me on track...

When I enter a efficiency percentage for example 80 without the '%' character and press enter, Omniplan changes this in 8.000%. I guess this is where it goes wrong.