The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Installed OOP and MDS Indexing NON stop! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi!
I just installed OOP to have a go at GTD. And my MacBook Pro CD won't shut up!. MDS indexing has been on for hours ever since I installed taking up 100% or one processor fully.

I think the onset of the mds indexing was written in the console as something like omnioutliner calling for a reindexing. I had the line but now it's been archived somewhere ;-/

mds has been full on for 17hrs!!!

any ideas? battery now lasts <2hrs..

EDIT found the log:

2007-02-18 22:25:11.324 OmniOutliner[8794] This version of OmniOutliner has a newer Spotlight importer (/Applications/OmniOutliner.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/OmniOutlinerMetadataImporter.mdimporter, version 2) than previously run ((null)). Requesting a re-index of files handled by our importer.

So still firing away here. LOL

Last edited by Officer Digby; 2007-02-19 at 11:57 AM..

OD,
Have you rebooted, and if so does this reindexing continue? Have you tried killing the process from the Activity Monitor (in your Utilities folder)?

I would suggest e-mailing Omni via the Help->Send Feedback command in OmniOutliner. You'll get a response from them pretty quickly.

If this continues after rebooting you may also want to post on the Apple support forums to see if there is something that they can suggest.

James B.

Has this issue been resolved?