The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

User-Definable Meta-Tags Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When, for the love of god, is this happening? You guys have been talking about this for over two years.

We still plan to do it. Adding the feature that will give you the ability to do this is not trivial and affects the entire user base, though. It means changing the file format. It has ramifications for sync. It would also mean localization changes and revising both manuals.

I'll be very happy when it happens!

Okay, got it. When? Like I said, you guys have said you were doing this for literally years.

When it's ready. At earliest, it appears to be a 2.0 feature, and we haven't seen 1.7 yet. To quote Ken, from about a month ago:

This is honestly my most desired feature. There are so many fantastic things I could do with OmniFocus if I had metatags.

Well, another option is to patch the notes applescript functions so that we can add and delete text from notes without losing attachment meta-data. I already have meta-tags working in OminFocus, but if the note has a folder, file, etc. added to it, when Applescript processes the note, I lose the link to the file etc.

If you fix this, we can add meta-data ourselves.
-Allen H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
It would also mean localization changes and revising both manuals.
There are two manuals for Omnifocus? Helloooo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexattend View Post
There are two manuals for Omnifocus? Helloooo?
Yes. One for the desktop version, and one for the iPhone/iPod touch version.

Closing this thread (and similar ones in the other OmniFocus forums) in favor of the consolidated thread for this topic.