The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Open New Windows Preference? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
OK, I thought I understood this ...

I have General Preferences set to Open New Windows: With a perspective (Priority). I keep OF running and click on the active Dock icon to bring forward a window. My thought is, the above setting would force the new window to default to my Priority perspective. However, this happens sometimes, and sometimes it does not. In those cases where a different perspective shows than Priority, it seems to be the perspective window that I viewed just previously and then closed (before moving on to other applications).

I have trashed my OF preferences once and rebuilt the database as a test. The behavior is unaffected.

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of the Open New Windows setting, or is this perhaps a bug?

Mac OS X 10.6.x (latest)

--
JJW