The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing!!!! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok here is the deal, i took a hiatus from graffle for the past 4 years, only to come back to find that PRINTING HAS NOT BEEN FIXED!
What the hell doods, why is there an iPAD version but printing is still complete and utter GARBAGE!
Do you really think most people present to their clients on screen?
This is totally ridiculous, its still taking me a million steps to printing any document because of the STUPID canvas formatting palette, all of this has been solved by others 20 years ago, so what is the hold up?

1 canvas = 1 piece of paper. 1 piece of paper = anything.
or if you dont want to do this, GIVE US THE ABILITY to set a printing area, as you can in Adobe programs, Excel, etc.

FIX THIS BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE!
seriously...This is making it that I can't sell the use of this program to my dept, who wants a great full proof IA diagraming program. I am trying to prevent us from getting Visio on Win7 on Fusion, but its really hard, when I can't show her how to easily print.
arg!
:-(

Maybe you should look at the Canvas : Size inspector, where there is a checkbox labeled "Print canvas on one printer sheet" that might cut nearly a million steps off your print routine. If it doesn't, perhaps you could supply a coherent description of what you are trying to do, and why the current tools available to you are unsuitable?

I would think you would want to spend a little time reacquainting yourself with software you hadn't used in 4 years before trying to sell it to someone! Saves you the embarrassment of not being able to do a convincing demo, and prevents even greater embarrassment when they buy the product on your recommendation based on recollection instead of comparison, but it turns out to be the wrong tool for the job.