The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bulk load/edit Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just purchased the OmniFocus iPhone app. I am pleased with the app and excited to use it. The one issue I have is more a result of using he iPhone (or in my case the iPod), and that is that large scale data entry/modification is tedious (and I unfortunately don't have a mac so the full version is not an option).

I'd like to find a way to basically export the data, make some large scale edits/modifications, and then re-import the data. Does anyone know of a tool that could be used for this.

We've got a couple of ideas for better ways we can address this in the future, but the current options for bulk entry are basically:
  1. Borrow a friend's Mac, enter your data into OmniFocus for Mac in trial mode, then syncing it with our sync server, then sync the data over to your phone.
  2. Use this web form one of our support ninjas created to turn each of your actions into a clickable link in an email. Open those emails on the phone, use the link to add them to OmniFocus, then delete the messages.

Or use my web form, which creates one link for every item you paste into it (1-per-line). Just be careful about escaping things properly, and it will save you a lot of time, as it does me.

http://www.jeffyepstein.com/docs/com...ort/index.html