The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Save window attributes with tabs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I use the hidden feature that allows always opening any new windows in tabs via defaults write.

There's an extremely anoying glitch with that, though: If the link produces a popup that resizes the window, OW will stick to that new windows size when going back to the original tab. And, even more annoying, some popups disable the location bar, the status bar and so on - I have to manually re-add them when I go back to the original window.

So please add one of the following:

Opera behaviour: If the popup resizes the window or changes "bars behaviour", it will be opened as a child (mdi) window on top of the normal Opera window.

Or, even better: Just save all window attributes with each tab, like it's done with workspaces. Switching back to the original tab would thus restore the window as it was before.

[Edit: I just saw there is a thread on this topic in the bug reports forum. But it's still good to keep this up as a feature request. :-) ]

Last edited by zottel; 2006-07-17 at 01:55 PM..