The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 2! The Debut. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We've just announced a preview-event that we'll be having to introduce OmniFocus 2 to the public. Our CEO, Ken, will talk about the year ahead, and David Sparks and Merlin Mann will be talking about a few new features. We're very excited about it, and we'd love anyone in the area to attend. Find out more and RSVP here.

Since we're not renting out a huge (i.e., not 10,000 seats) space, please do RSVP if you plan on going.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

---

The Debut begins at 6 P.M!

Last edited by derekr; 2013-01-30 at 09:19 AM..

Great news! I don't see any mention of a sneaky peek. Actually neither of a release date, aside from 4Q2013. Sneaky peek after the big reveal perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudster View Post
Great news! I don't see any mention of a sneaky peek. Actually neither of a release date, aside from 4Q2013. Sneaky peek after the big reveal perhaps?
At the very end of that first paragraph, fudster! For the folks at the big reveal, we'll be handing out private beta invitations. Then, like most of our big updates, we'll expand to others as well!

Which part of "and take home an exclusive invitation to the private beta." didn't make any sense? :-)

Also, from Ken's post on the Omni blog:

"OmniFocus 2, OmniOutliner 4, and OmniPresence. Three major upgrades, all coming your way in Q1, 2013."

One might note that there's no unambiguous definition supplied for "Q1, 2013" :-)

Nuts, I searched for "sneaky peek" (forums too), assuming that phraseology would be used. When reading the announcement I must have glazed over the end of that paragraph after I noted that it's an in-person event.

and, nuts - I honestly did mean to type 1Q2013.

One might note that I hadn't enough coffee this morning. I'll go back to my corner now.

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned about OF2 is the expected minimum system requirements. Will those of us clinging on to the goodness of Snow Leopard be able to use OF2 or has OmniGroup embraced the new ML only features that Apple is pushing?

I'm hopeful that the privately hosted sync service in lieu of iCloud is a positive sign for Snow Leopard compatibility. By the way, I'm absolutely thrilled that OmniGroup understands the desirability of a privately hosted cloud for those who have the need and the skills. I'm really looking forward to OmniPresence (great name BTW!)

I don't know anything specific about OmniFocus 2's requirements, but I'll point out that OmniPlan 2's current sneakypeeks contain the following in their release notes:
Note: OmniPlan 2.2 is the last release planned that will support Mac OS X 10.6 and 32 bit processors. Subsequent releases will require Mac OS X 10.7.
Whatever is driving that for OmniPlan 2 seems likely to also apply to OmniFocus 2, in my estimation. Maybe not immediately, but it seems inevitable, and I'm enjoying my remaining quality time with Snow Leopard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
At the very end of that first paragraph, fudster! For the folks at the big reveal, we'll be handing out private beta invitations. Then, like most of our big updates, we'll expand to others as well!
It's times like this that it sucks to live on the other side of the world from San Francisco, and have absolutely no chance of getting to the special Omni event to get a sneaky-peak! Live stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinky View Post
It's times like this that it sucks to live on the other side of the world from San Francisco, and have absolutely no chance of getting to the special Omni event to get a sneaky-peak! Live stream?
Same here :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinky View Post
Please do consider a live blog or stream - even if it requires an NDA prior to viewing it.