The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Couldn't help but to snoop.. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After seeing this tidbit in today's MoD
:
"(However, they're still a little sparse: a bunch of work over the last week has been on an experimental new feature that hasn't yet been exposed—one that we'd like to have ready by the time we queue up at the Apple Store on Friday afternoon. No promises, though!)"

I couldn't help but to poke around in the package contents. What's this I see under Resources/? a rails directory? Could it be? and WebInterfacePreferences.h?!

It looks as though there is a locally hosted web omnifocus in the future. Kind of makes me wish I had the money and sufficient technolust to get an iPhone. :)

Keep up the good work guys.

Last edited by papaverfugue; 2007-06-27 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: clarified title

so that no one else chooses to waste their time looking at the web interface potential:

it can be enabled through some plist abuse and runs over ssl (port 3000) with username and password that you can provide.

It is currently limited. all i've found so far is a very limited context list before rails locked up (see attachment). But it's looking promising, very promising (at least for your iphoners).

Omni-gods, if you'd rather i not snoop - just let me know. But after so long without any really cool new features, I couldn't help myself. :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.gif
Views:	484
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	248  

Yes, there's some rails stuff in the app. No, we will not smite you for telling everyone. Yes, it's still very much under development. Strap on your crash helmets and firewalls before poking around there.

This is very interesting indeed! I'm reasonably good at programming in a Rails environment, and if OF has a rails system built-in, the possibility of creating my own routines on top of OF's supplied functionality is--well staggering!

Count me in as giddy.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I played around with the built-in web interface a bit. Obviously it's still very much under development, but I'm loving the direction you're going!

I'm not sure if you're ready for feedback just yet, but I've a quick comment: please maintain the hierarchy of nested contexts. I have, for example, an @errands context, and nested contexts for @east village, @soho, @midtown, etc. When I look at @errands in OmniFocus, I see actions associated with all child contexts. This is so important to me, and I wanted to speak up now while you're still early in the process.

I posted my (very buggy, undocumented) applescripts for my OF web interface, just in case you wanted to "borrow" any of my design elements, but clearly you're on the right track. Can't wait to see the feature-complete version!

As of earlier today you can use the new pref pane. This is, of course,a work in progress since we didn't have actual hardware to test on until a couple hours ago.

... and now we're busy watching dogs on skateboards...