The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

son of "swipe to flag" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
In this thread
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9312

I had proposed a feature where one could swipe an action to flag it. Turns out the swipe to delete is not only a bit of a standard that people feel shouldn't be messed with, its also baked deeper into the frameworks than I thought. :cool:

Instead I'm going to propose a 'hold and popup' UI as can be seen in the app "flipbook" (and probably others).

The UI would look something like this. Press and hold on an action and a set of icon choices pops up in a bar just above your finger. Slide your finger onto one of those icons and release to choose.

It works remarkably well, and is a way of adding 4-5 choices of action very easily without cluttering or confusing the interface at all.

One of course would be flag. One could be jump to project/context (like the 'switch' icon in the desktop toolbar), what else....

-P