The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS 10.6 - Clipping Shortcut problems [Thread Deprecated] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running 1.7.3 and OS X 10.6.1 and was having no joy at all with the 'Copy' shortcut from Mail and this is one of THE most used features in OF so I was a tad distressed. Saw Ken's comment about 1.7.4 so I followed it and Bingo! it's all working beautifully. All the other Clip-O-Tron installs produced errors from Mail but now it installs and works as it should and Mail's Services options show my Shortcut. I'm using Ctrl+Option+C as I always have with 10.5 and it's fine.

Thanks so much.

P.S. I've reverted the app to 1.7.3 and it still works too.

Whew! :-)

I have not been able to get the copy shortcut working. I have read all the posts, upgraded to 1.74 and it still doesn't work. I fear I may be having trouble with SL -- I no longer have services functioning in any application. When I click on services for any application it simply says "building." Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie View Post
I have not been able to get the copy shortcut working. I have read all the posts, upgraded to 1.74 and it still doesn't work. I fear I may be having trouble with SL -- I no longer have services functioning in any application. When I click on services for any application it simply says "building." Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks!
I am in the same boat here. Previously on 1.73 it was working perfectly under 10.6.1. On changing to 1.7.4 it doesn't. In the services pref pane the Omnifocus:Send to Inbox is still checked.

No luck reinstalling the clipotron either, Mail just disables it

Last edited by coolie21; 2009-09-16 at 10:06 PM..

Connie, it sounds like you may be having the issue talked about in this post: if services are entirely non-functional, it's a Snow Leopard issue. If you have trouble getting those steps to work, you may want to print that post out and head to your local friendly Genius Bar.

Coolie21, if Mail is still unhappy about the mail plugin in 1.7.4, it means that an older one is still installed somewhere. If you open up
~/Library/Mail/Bundles (and the subfolders) do you see a file with "Omni" anywhere in the title?

If so, quit both OmniFocus and Maill, move that file to the trash, and then try reinstalling the clip-o-tron from OF's preferences. (Be sure you're running 1.7.4 when you do so.)

Last edited by Brian; 2009-09-17 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: add help for coolie21

I have the same issues and have tried downloading Clipotron 3000 without success?? I'll try upgrading to 1.7.4? -ahha this fixed my problem excellent!!

Getting this message

Incompatible Plug-ins Disabled
Mail has disabled the following plug-ins:

OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler

Contact the makers of these plug-ins for versions that are compatible with Mail 4.1 and Message 4.1.

Last edited by dmjglen; 2009-09-17 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: Fixed problamo

Tried everything. Don't have time for this.

Wake me up when this is fixed.

In the meantime, you may want to remove the blue "Snow Leopard Ready!" banner from the website. Just a thought.

Blueruin - it's not clear which problem you're having. Currently, we're aware of the Snow Leopard "blank services prefs pane" bug (not something we can fix), or the "Mail changes in 10.6.1 broke the clipping plugin" problem.

The latter is pretty easy to fix, but we're happy to help you sort this out if the steps that have worked for other folks aren't working for you. Feel free to give us a call at 800.315.OMNI at your convenience.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-09-18 at 10:43 AM..