The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Syncing via Omni Sync Server
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync loses password after midnight Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey all, I've got a new problem that's recently (last few weeks) cropped up. I'm running OmniFocus/1.10.4/GM-v77.90.20 on MacOS 10.8.3.

If I leave OF running, and the app is still open as I go from XX:59am to XX:00am, I get prompted to enter my username & password again in order to sync. Some observations from this:

- I don't know if it's always the exact same time, but I've seen it at 8:59am working, and 09:00am it no longer auto-syncs. I usually see it first thing in the morning, when I've left the app on overnight.

- I can cancel sync, quit OF, choose not to sync on app quitting, then restart OF and everything works fine. I don't need to re-enter the password any more, and syncing is working fine.

- I don't remember the exact behavior if I try and re-enter the password. I seem to recall it doesn't try to sync or it fails to sync. I don't remember as I'm always quitting the app and restarting to work around it.

- The following seems to be related, it's from my console at around the time the incident happens. Note small changes to obfuscate the log messages:

May 11 09:00:20 username-mac.local OmniFocus[85094]: Sync terminated with error: {
domain = "com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.XMLData.ErrorDomain";
NSErrorFailingURLKey = "https://username@sync.omnigroup.com/username/OmniFocus.ofocus/";
NSErrorFailingURLStringKey = "https://username@sync.omnigroup.com/username/OmniFocus.ofocus/";
"com.omnigroup.framework.OmniBase.ErrorDomain.File LineAndNumber" = "/Volumes/LocalSSD/Users/Shared/omnibuild/ReleaseProduct/Source/OmniGroup/Applications/OmniFocus/XMLData/XMLDAVOperation.m:580";

Anyone else seen this, or should I report it directly to support? Would tcpdumps help, or anything else be useful to send to support?

That's fascinating. I don't think we've seen any other reports of this. I do encourage you to email this info to omnifocus@omnigroup.com