The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Some lines with same center and different angles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Maybe I'm stupid.

I which elegant way I can draw a lot of lines with the same center and different angles.
At moment I draw one line, duplicate the line, change the angle, move the line to the center and so one.
But it's not so professional when I need more than 3 lines.
Can I create one line and make "n" copies around same circle with "m" angles ?

Jochen

Jochen

wow. good question. If there is a way to do this, I haven't been able to find it.

Anybody?

Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterBoss View Post
Jochen

wow. good question.

Christopher
Ohaaaa.

In this cosy unhurriedly forum user get compliments for the questions.

Jochen ;-)

Sounds like a job for Applescript, no? Peter McMaster's Arrange in a Circle script might provide a starting point...

What are typical values of "m" and "n"? What are you trying to achieve in the end?

If I needed something like this, I would probably make some stencils of a couple lines crossed at different angles that I could use to compose the final figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Sounds like a job for Applescript, no? Peter McMaster's Arrange in a Circle script might provide a starting point...
It doesn't work.
Script old.
1.0 (2005-07-06) ?

My mistake ?

I create a new diagram.
I draw one line
I duplicate this line for 7 times
I activate all 8 lines
I start the script with value 50 for radius
I make OK

Nothing ?

Jochen

Now I see it works, BUT NOT WITH LINES ;-(

Only with shapes ;-)

In an other application there is a simple way.

Create a line.
Select the line.
Then use command "Duplicate around point" for 3 times and result is 4 lines with 90°

Jochen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochen View Post
Now I see it works, BUT NOT WITH LINES ;-(

Only with shapes ;-)
Jochen
Isn't there a shape that's just a line? I have one in my shape inspector, but maybe I made it myself (using the instructions here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Isn't there a shape that's just a line? I have one in my shape inspector, but maybe I made it myself (using the instructions here).

Oh I see. there is a line in shape inspector. When I use this "shape" the script works well.

Thanks

Jochen

I wasn't suggesting that the script would work "as is", only that it might be a guide to how you might construct a script that did what you need. I'm happy to hear that it apparently does work for you (when you use the line shape)!