The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due or Flagged perspective problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I use the perspective called "Due or Flagged." I truly can't remember if it was one that was set up when I got the software or if I created it. The problem I'm having is that an item that I have explicitly flagged is not showing up on my screen.

Here are my settings:
Group by: Due Date
Sort by: Start Date
Show Status: Due or Flagged
Duration: Any
Flag State: Any

I have a project called "Books to Read." There are no start and no due dates. When reviewing my projects I decided that I'd like to read one of those books soon. So I flagged it. When I went to my perspective called "Due or Flagged" this task does not show up? I'm assuming that I should not have to have a due date for this item. The report selection criteria is NOT selecting based on start date, so it should pick tasks that are either
1) Due (based on due date)
OR
2) Flagged

Do I have a wrong interpretation of this?
Thanks so much,
Leila

Maybe the "No Due Date" group is collapsed? You might try setting Group By to Ungrouped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Maybe the "No Due Date" group is collapsed? You might try setting Group By to Ungrouped.

Thanks for the suggestion, Lucas. I just tried that. However, when I change it to Ungrouped, my task (to read a book) still does not show up.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Leila

Does your read a book task have a context assigned? The default 'Due or Flagged' perspective selects the Contexts folder and any flagged task without a context assigned will not display in this group. It should show if you select the No Context icon though.

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked my tasks. There are 3 books listed in my "Books to Read" project and all of them had a context. I don't know if it makes a difference, but this project is a single action list.

Any other things I could check as to why this task (book to read) is not showing up on the Flagged or Due perspective/view (I keep wanting to call it a report).

I tried checking another book and it made no change.

Thanks,
Leila

That context isn't set to be on hold, is it? If you use the Available setting instead of Due or Flagged, does the book show up?

I am SOOO sorry. 5 minutes before I read your post, it occurred to me that projects can be put on hold. I checked this project, and indeed, it's status was "on hold." I'm sorry I've taken up board time.

Thank-you again for your suggestions!!

Leila