The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Locating a bookmark Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Search in the Personal Bookmarks window instantly displays bookmark entries that match the search string. Selecting a collection in the left pane limits the search to that collection.

Once I've found a bookmark, I'd like to see where it's located in the collection hierarchy. The Bookmark Info panel shows everything except that.

What can I do?

You can't do anything at the moment unfortunately. Certainly a request for the future though!

I started a research project several weeks ago, bookmarking a handful of useful pages, which I carefully saved (i.e., hid) in a bookmarks sub-folder.

Now that I have time to continue my research, I could not easily locate these hidden bookmarks in my vast Personal Bookmarks list. With a little digging, I found them:
  1. Open the Personal Bookmarks window.
  2. Use the search box at the bottom of the list to find one of the "lost" bookmarks.
  3. In Finder, open OmniWeb's folder of bookmark files (and other stuff): ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5/
  4. Double-click the Bookmarks.html or Favorites.html file to open it in OmniWeb.
  5. Search the flat list of bookmarks for a key word or phrase.
  6. When a desired bookmark is located, scan the preceding lines for bookmark folder names (larger bold unlinked lines).
  7. Return to the Personal Bookmarks window and locate the desired folder.
  8. Optional: add the BookMarks.html & Favorites.html files to the Favorites bar for easier access the next time.
-- Ward

But, initially the bookmarks are not accepted, may be because the membership is new, am I right?

I think so. Otherwise, bookmarking should be easy.