The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Syncing via Omni Sync Server
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old tasks come back to life Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sometimes when I sync (I haven't been able to detect a pattern, yet), an old task which I've either completed or moved to a project/context will return to my inbox (without a project/context). I believe it tends to happen after an iPhone sync (I use iPhone, iPad and Mac clients).

I never had (or never noticed) the problem when I was using MobileMe. I started seeing it after I switched to Omnisync.

Any ideas?

There's a known issue that makes this happen on occasion. My understanding is that it should also have happened with MobileMe — perhaps you were weren't triggering the issue back then (or didn't notice if you did). Omni decided that it was more important to roll out a new look and feel for the Mac app first and fix the data integrity issue later. They'll have to roll out new revs of all of the apps (iPhone, iPad, and Mac) for the fix, so it's not the easiest thing to fix, but we're coming up on a year that they've known about it.

Well, that's frustrating. Without the data being reliable, this becomes a much less useful app! Almost to the point of wondering if it's still worth using.

If anyone from the Omni group is reading this - at the risk of being snarky, I don't expect to spend $100 on an To Do list (3 platforms) and then expect core functionality to be flawed like this. If I have to remember which to-do's I've actually completed, then what's the point of having a to-do app?

We're aware of this issue. It is rather embarrassing. Unfortunately, the fix is rather involved, so we don't have it ready yet. The issue is less likely to happen if you sync when you start and finish using OmniFocus on each device. (The iOS apps automatically start a sync as you switch away from them.)

We do have a 30-day guarantee, so if you'd like a refund, you can call or email sales@omnigroup.com

We try to keep up with these forums, but for a more timely response, please email omnifocus@omnigroup.com or call 1 (800) 315-6664 or 1 (206) 523-4152.

I'm well outside 30 days, and I'd much rather have a working OmniFocus than have to migrate to a new platform. Is there any sense of a timeframe for fixing this (knowing that it can't be exact, given the nature of software development)?