The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Things to do when you're bored Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Everyone has them. Moments of absolute boredom, when you do things you normally wouldn't. At home, at work, at the office.....these moments can hit anywhere and anyone.

Soooo.....therein is the question. What do you do when that moment of boredom comes over you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacab
Everyone has them. Moments of absolute boredom, when you do things you normally wouldn't. At home, at work, at the office.....these moments can hit anywhere and anyone.

Soooo.....therein is the question. What do you do when that moment of boredom comes over you?
You probably should use the Omni Lounge forum for this topic:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacab

I don't know where you live, but you should try to just go for walk or go to a museum. One thing is for certain, I've been trying to loiter by my computer LESS when I'm bored. Net result? I go running, I meet with friends on occasion for dinner, and cleaning my office is next on my schedule of things, instead of being 1000.

If you are not in a metropolitan area with good museums and theaters, then I can highly recommend several books: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Marquez (Nobel Laureate), Ficciones by Borges (Also Nobel Laureate), The Mind's I edited by Hofstadter and Dennett (I can highly recommend Turing's essays in there, as well as the ones by Lem), and Hitler's Willing Executioners by Goldhagen.

The last one is a bit of a downer, though intellectually engrossing.

Or, click the link in the my sig to buy one of our walking tours. It's the next best thing to being there.

Well....I can't promise. :)

Payam

philonous,
"One Hundred Years of Solitude by Marquez (Nobel Laureate), Ficciones by Borges (Also Nobel Laureate)"
Add "A Personal Matter"...By Kenzaburo Oe (Nobel Laureate), and you have 3 of the best books ever written...
Peace,
Stuart

I have setup a Workspace named "Revenge" containing:

1) All my webmail accounts spam/junk folder
2) Spamcop (http://www.spamcop.NET) (not .com)
3) Phishtank (http://www.phishtank.com)

I basically report all my native language spam, the spam coming to Spamcop RBL enabled webmails and Phishes.

It makes you feel good as revenge :D

I am sure Omni group didn't think of using Workspaces like that. ;)

When I am bored...I text "CHAT" to 35777 from my mobile phone. Textmate is such a Blast! I love that I can text with hot gals whenever I want to feel. It’s wild and mind blowing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjason
When I am bored...I text "CHAT" to 35777 from my mobile phone. Textmate is such a Blast! I love that I can text with hot gals whenever I want to feel. It’s wild and mind blowing!
Well...it definitely blows something. ;)

P

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray49
philonous,
"One Hundred Years of Solitude by Marquez (Nobel Laureate), Ficciones by Borges (Also Nobel Laureate)"
Add "A Personal Matter"...By Kenzaburo Oe (Nobel Laureate), and you have 3 of the best books ever written...
Peace,
Stuart
I just added it to my reading list (which I maintain in Omnioutliner, thank you very much).

Thank you very much!

P