The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help with Actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
as a reminder to keep up with different transactions in the market, I have a folder titled Tracking Deals. What i'm struggling with is how best to work from there. Do I create a Project for each of these transactions? Seems to be inefficient as there is only one action which is the name of the transaction. Or would it be best to have a single action list under the Tracking folder?

A project in OmniFocus is anything that requires more than one Next Action.

I would probably just use a single action list that contains all of your transactions.

If you wanted to break down the transaction into smaller sub-tasks, you'll probably want to make it into its own project.

If the transaction is so simple that you don't need to list down the multiple steps, just use the single action list with all of the transactions. Think of this Next Action:

Brush your teeth

You know that you have to:
1. go to the toilet
2. fill cup with water
3. find toothbrush
4. find toothpaste
5. open toothpaste
6. put toothpaste on top brush
7. brush taste
8. rinse mouth with water
9. put away toothpaste
10. put away toothbrush

For some transactions, you won't need to break it down that fine. You can be just as happy with one Next Action: "Brush your teeth". Other times, you might break down to as fine a point as you need it.