The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Question about scheduled tasks... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd really appreciate some input. I don't understand why there is no filter to show all the tasks I have scheduled. I also can't seem to find the best way to create a perspective for "someday" type tasks. In my mind a context does not include items I want to put off till later or schedule to start two weeks from today. A context needs to be able to have active tasks and postponed tasks.

It seems like there should be a smart list or filter to easily show scheduled and postponed tasks.

I don't get it. Currently the only way I know how to create a "someday" task is to create an on hold context. But I shouldn't there be a way to leave a task under the "email" context even though I want to do it later? If I choose to just create a start date in two weeks so I can keep my contexts organized, there's not way to show all my scheduled tasks. Ugg...

Thanks, I'd appreciate any help...

It sounds like you are perhaps attempting to keep your someday/maybe tasks mixed in with your active tasks. Have you considered keeping them separately from your active projects?

Can’t you group by start date in context view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallj View Post
But I shouldn't there be a way to leave a task under the "email" context even though I want to do it later?
Go ahead and assign the action to the Email context, then set a start date in the future. View -> Status Filter -> Available will hide actions that you can't do right now.

(By contrast, the "Remaining" status filter will show those future actions mixed in with your current ones.)

Does that help?