The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

cloud syncing/collaboration Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been thinking a lot about how OmniFocus works on my iPod Touch and I have a pretty huge suggestion. Or maybe it's not that huge:

OmniFocus should sync with a web-based subscription service that you guys run, with the ability to collaborate and delegate even to people who don't have the software.

If I create a collaborative project in OmniFocus, I want to be able to e-mail my collaborator a URL where they can tick off things that are done, add tasks, make notes on tasks, etc. Collaboration is the thing that's really missing right now.

If I lose/break my device, or if I just want to be able to work on a bigger screen, I want to be able to log into my OmniFocus account on Omni's site and work from that.

I like the Mac client OK, but when I see it on the App Store, I have to wonder how many people are put off by the high cost. it's a big cost up front, it's got a learning curve, and honestly I think a lot of novice users would be pretty intimidated by it. I'm not suggesting you ditch it, but enable it, too, to sync to a cloud-based service. Maybe offer it at a steep discount with a one-year subscription?

This is something we've thought about, but our current projects have us pretty busy. For the foreseeable future, Spootnik is going to be your best bet...

That looks pretty cool. I'll keep it in mind. Definitely hope you guys tackle this at some point. I think it would make an attractive package for new users.