The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

insufficient privileges to upgrade Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using OS X 10.5.2 on an Intel iMac. The last couple of times I've upgraded OmniOutliner Pro, I've gotten the following error message:

Copy
The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for "OmniOutliner Professional".

I dragged the application from the disk image to the Applications folder and got the authenticate / cancel dialog; I clicked authenticate and got the stop / replace dialog; I clicked replace and got the administrator password dialog; I entered an administrator login and password; I got the error message described above.

The last time this happened I deleted OmniOutliner\ Professional.app and installed the new version. I guess I'll have to do the same with 3.6.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSlugger View Post
I'm using OS X 10.5.2 on an Intel iMac. The last couple of times I've upgraded OmniOutliner Pro, I've gotten the following error message:

Copy
The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for "OmniOutliner Professional".

I dragged the application from the disk image to the Applications folder and got the authenticate / cancel dialog; I clicked authenticate and got the stop / replace dialog; I clicked replace and got the administrator password dialog; I entered an administrator login and password; I got the error message described above.

The last time this happened I deleted OmniOutliner\ Professional.app and installed the new version. I guess I'll have to do the same with 3.6.5.
I get this or a variation of it with a number of apps. I haven't pinned down exactly what I have just been doing when it happens, but it seems to me to be a leopard issue, not an OmniOutliner issue ... I don't think I've had it with OO. I've had it with Scrivener, I've had it with Adium ... a whole range of apps.

I've found if I just redrag the app to the Applications folder or the alias, then it works as it should. Slightly irritating, but not a major issue.

Mark