The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Easier way to edit Autofill entries? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So I have been looking through my Autofill entries and I have tons of cruft there. Is there any way to open that list in a text editor for drastic surgery?

This problem is still bugging the hell out of me. I can't even find where the data is stored on my drive...

The data is store in the com.OmniGroup.OmniWeb5.plist file in ~/Library/Preferences. Unfortunately, since 10.4, plist files have been converted into some binary format that makes it impossible to edit them in a text editor and you have to use Property List Editor from the Developer tools. Even more unfortunate is that PLE has a poor UI and you can't make multiple selections to be able to delete more than one entry at a time.

FWIW, the autofill entries are under the OWAutoFillSynonyms heading.

I will have a look. The major issue is that for some reason my wife's email address often gets inserted instead of mine, causing no end of trouble.

Hm, I was just about to recommend that you would find this easier to do in OmniWeb's preferences as all you have to do is click the column heading to sort the entries alphabetically, but that only works for the auto-complete values and not the autofill ones... therefore, you'd have to work your way through the autofill list by scrolling as before. Damn.

FWIW, the e-mail address is taken from your Address Book entry by default, so it is possible that your wife's entry is preferred to yours (e.g. is she marked as the "This is Me" entry in address book?). If not, then it is being entered from one of the "Shared" autofill entries.

Is there any way to turn off the shared functionality?