The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reverse Sort? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to reverse the sort order (ascending->descending) of tasks?

sorry no .

Really!?! Why ever would there not be? It seems like such a relatively simple thing to implement, no? And it is obviously a potentially very useful feature.

[sarcasm]
it's a pro application...
[/sarcasm]

Yep, I'd like to toggle reverse sort too...

Reverse sort would be wonderful! When I sort by date added, I want to see the *oldest* tasks first, so I can clean out the old cruft that's gathered. Sometimes it takes a day of first-in-first-out productivity to make a GTD system feel agile and functioning again.

Agreed- lack of sorting options doesn't make much sense to me.

In the very least they shouldn't call it "Sort" call it "Sort From Future To Past". I spent a bit of time trying to figure out how to change the sort direction also.

[ i just posted this to this old thread from 2007 http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...t=reverse+sort ]

The continued lack of being able to reverse the sort order truly boggles my mind. -- seems like an obvious feature to provide and (as a programmer myself) I can't imagine it would be very complicated at all. (although it may well be).

I've submitted this feature request via email -- if you guys have a minute, do that also!

I've been asking for this since the moment I started using OF. It was one of the first things I wanted to do, and lo and behold the little arrow thing next to the column did nothing. Bah.

Me too. I'm really surprized this doesn't exist yet. I know there's a lot of other cool stuff to work on, but everyone seems to want this. Isn't this low-hanging fruit?