The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Will the new OF for Mac look anything like the iPad version? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The iPad version looks like it has a lot going for it. Would like to see something like this be the way the Mac version is laid out.

Will the new OF look anything like the iPad version?

Yes, that would be very nice to get the same look or one uni-look for all 3 Apps!

I totally agree and it seems that the mac version is the one thats most behind atm. Hope for some UI adjustments for the mac (starting from the layout which could be closer to the awesome looking iPad version and ending with the icon (iPhone/iPad looks like a concept - the mac icon really fails compared to those).

I agree. I love both the UI and the functionality of the new iPad version (Forecasting rocks). It would be great if a lot of the "look and feel" plus features like Forecasting were in the Mac version also.

I second this, the iPad version looks great.

What specifically would you guys like to see carried over to the Mac version? Perspectives in the sidebar instead of the toolbar? Color scheme? Visual design of the hierarchical outline (folder and project graphics)? Inbox and quick entry buttons? Removal of the standard Mac OS X toolbar? Display only collections and perspectives in the sidebar rather than folders and projects? Display all project and action details inline (or inline floating bubbles) rather than using an inspector?

Saying you like the new iPad UI is nice (I like it too), but it'd probably be more helpful for the Omni folks if we told them specifically what we like about it and what we think would work well in the Mac version.

As for the forecast mode, I think you can achieve something similar with the Due perspective grouped by due date, especially if don't limit it to just "due soon" and include actions further out.

But I think the iPad version's Forecast mode is a nicer visual display of that data though. Can anyone tell me if you can scroll the "date bar" at the top so you can see the forecast farther than one week into the future?

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
But I think the iPad version's Forecast mode is a nicer visual display of that data though. Can anyone tell me if you can scroll the "date bar" at the top so you can see the forecast farther than one week into the future?
If you click on the Future button, you get a view showing the data aggregated by month, but otherwise in the same format. Doing it today, you get a block labeled August, 2010, with the first item being the first action due after Friday, Aug 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsboy View Post
Yes, that would be very nice to get the same look or one uni-look for all 3 Apps!
Hi lmsboy,

I've been ranting about the this on the iPad forum, see this link.

I'd like to see some convergence of the interfaces - but I think each interface is optimized for the hardware; I think they should be different but sem to have a similar look/feel.