The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Would anyone else like to see the ability to exclude attachments? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just sent an enhancement request to the developers, thought I'd post here to see if anyone else shared this interest.

I LOVE the clipping functionality, especially with respect to email. So many of my tasks are email-based, this is a powerful tool. But what I don’t need are the attachments in OmniFocus itself. I’ll often get emails with photographs that I'll need for reference when I finally dig into that specific task, but I don’t need the photos in both Mail and Omnifocus. Just having them in Mail is sufficient for me. So what I'd like is the ability to specify in the Clippings preference window that I want to enable Mail clippings but do NOT import any attachments to the email. If I want to see those, I can click on the ‘original message’ link.

Right now, all those attachments do is bloat my database. I can manually delete them, but that’s added steps.

Thoughts?

Agree. Some kind of 'include images' checkbox or something so you don't end up with all the other junk that can be hidden in sigs.

This would be a nice addition to the Clip-o-tron 3000 that allows you to clip entire emails directly from Mail's message list.

But, for anyone who might not know, you can achieve something very similar to the desired functionality already. Simply select the text from the message body that you want saved in OF before triggering your clipping shortcut. This will create a new action with only the selected text and a link to the original message. That's what how I keep my attachments to a minimum and it's worked very well for me.

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2010-03-01 at 04:35 PM..

In addition to Toadling’s suggestion, when images creep in to clipped mail messages, I select all of the text and use the Remove Attachments service, which I think is part of the WordService service that you can find on Devon Technologies’ website.

I'm fairly confident that we have a feature request open on this in the development database - folks that want to see it happen can email the support ninjas to vote for the change. Thanks!