The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Preference - Disable Plugins? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It seems odd that in site prefs I can disable inline images, but no plug-ins. So for a real annoying site, I can turn off the pictures but am still stuck with the even-more-annoying Flash crap.

Am I mssing something? If not, IMHO this should be in there. I use this all the time in SafariStand.

Well, you could just block .swf files using the site pref adblocking.

Not really... ad block list is program-wide, no?

Well, with plugins you're going to be accessing specific file formats (the majority of the time.) The Flash plugin plays .swf files. So if you block .swf in your site prefs, it would in effect block the Flash plugin.

Agreed. But it would still be nice to be able to disable plugins on a site-by-site basis, as you can with SafariStand.

On the extras page I bookmarked the Zap Plug-ins javascript. It would be great to have it site specific but with the keyboard shortcut, it's not too much of a hassle. Great for annoying espn and myspace.