The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

What happens to a task dropped on a project folder? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So I understand that folders can't contain tasks. What happens to a task dropped on a project folder? In my experience up to now, it seems to simply dissapear... or at least I can't find it (dropped from the Inbox).

Not really time to report this as a bug, as the OOM is on and things are too slow to do too many trials, but...

I think that the delimitation between folders, projects, task groups and tasks is too rigid and the one really confusing thing about OF at this point. I really hope this become fluid and painless in the release :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by smew
So I understand that folders can't contain tasks. What happens to a task dropped on a project folder? In my experience up to now, it seems to simply dissapear... or at least I can't find it (dropped from the Inbox).
In r87654, dragging a task onto a project folder makes it into a new project within that folder, which seems intuitive to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie
In r87654, dragging a task onto a project folder makes it into a new project within that folder, which seems intuitive to me.
It does so now! Awesome.