The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Praise, and a question about reviewing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I received an alpha testing invitation yesterday, slept under five hours last night as a result, and am very happy with OF even in its present, nascent state. This is the first GTD app that I think will actually increase my productivity. I launched it the first time, and immediately started using it for real life projects; it's that straightforward. And it's easy on the eyes, which is very important, too. I'd buy a license today if that were possible.

I have one question for now, that I can't seem to find the answer to in these forum discussions. How is reviewing supposed to work? I found that I can define a review frequency in the info pane for projects, but what happens next, after the defined period has elapsed? Do projects that are up for review merely show up when you apply the 'next review' filter, or will some kind of reminder be provided? An 'eye' badge on the project's list icon, perhaps?

When you filter by next review you'll see sections for "Today", "Within the next week" "Within the next month", etc. I'm not sure if these things get passed to iCal (I'm not yet testing that aspect of OF), but that's where I would want my reminders. When the Perspectives feature is working fully I'm sure I'll be using it to create specific workspaces for weekly reviews and such.