The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Single action items need project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I just started really playing around with OF yesterday (I'm only a quarter of the way through the GTD book), and after watching the video, still have a real basic question.

Do all actions need to be committed to a project to show up in the Context List? I have an item, "Buy replacement light in kitchen", that is a one-step project. It seems overkill to create a project for it, since it's only one step. I don't seem to be able to make it show up in the Context List (under Errands) while it's in the Inbox, and if I drag it over, it become a project itself, needing an action attached to it.

Do I need to create a project (Miscellaneous?) that's actually a bucket for individual, unrelated, discrete actions for these to live? If so, fine, but it seems counter-intuitive to me, and just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something obvious.