The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Start & Due Date Suggestions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi everyone.

In the left side column, there appears either the orange or red number of upcoming or due tasks. I like seeing this number, both in OF and in my menu bar, as it reminds me to get back to work when I get distracted. It also reminds me to look at contexts/perspectives that I'm not currently working in.

As suggested in the Advanced video of using OF, I only use the Start Date, and have been leaving Due Date empty. For the most part this works for my particular workflow, but I admit I miss seeing those numbers.

I don't suppose there is a way to display something along the lines of "Number of Tasks Available" as numbers next to the contexts is there?

I wouldn't mind using the available & due dates, but it just seems like double-work to me. I do things when they become available; there is no strict Due date for the things I work on, otherwise I put them in my calendar.

When I started using OF I just used the Due Date field, but found the whole Available Items and Overdue Items confusing and frustrating because I don't practice strict GTD, and my things are Not overdue; just Due.

Anyway, not seeing those numbers bugs me enough to ask if there is another way to see what tasks are available next to the context.

Any other hints or tips are of course welcome.

Thanks!