The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Employee Shift Work Schedule Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been trying to find a tool for creating a shift schedule for the employees of my restaurant. I've been looking for several years now and the only option that comes up when I talk to other businesses is pen and paper or a spreadsheet. I've tried some of the web based shift scheduling tools but they are either buggy or very expensive. Ical isn't really design to work with this level of information either.

I've been trying to figure out the full feature set of the app, but don't know if it will work or not for me. It just needs to track 20 different people, provide a decent print out, and tally the amount of time each week.

Thoughts? I love the other omni tools for my other day to day chores, so maybe this will work for scheduling.

For the purpose you mentioned (priority on staff scheduling rather than on project management), I've been using FlexTeam with rather good results. However, for a typical project management OP is a more appropriate (better) app.

ace schedule