The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Template question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just started using v.3.10.3 of the Outliner. I'm assuming I'm not using the Pro version; however, I'm not sure because the downloaded manual seems to be for the Pro version plus my trial version offers the ability to "Edit New Document Template" in Preferences, which I thought was just a Pro feature.

If I click "Edit New Document Template" will I be editing the default template or can I also edit a document that I created using the default template and then saved as an OmniOutliner 3 template?

Finally, if my trial version is not of the Pro version, is a trial of that version available?

Thanks,
Howard

Look at the menu bar at top left. If you're running the non-pro version the application name will be OmniOutliner. If you have the pro version it will be OmniOutliner Pro. There's only one manual, with pro features called out as such.

Yes, the demo versions are independent.

Not sure I understand your question about editing the template, but templates are stored in ~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniOutliner/Templates so you could just park your previously-edited template there, named Default, if you want to use it as your default template.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Look at the menu bar at top left. If you're running the non-pro version the application name will be OmniOutliner. If you have the pro version it will be OmniOutliner Pro. There's only one manual, with pro features called out as such.

Yes, the demo versions are independent.

Not sure I understand your question about editing the template, but templates are stored in ~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniOutliner/Templates so you could just park your previously-edited template there, named Default, if you want to use it as your default template.
Is the default template the only one that can be edited by "Edit New Document Template"?

"Edit New Document Template" in preferences is specifically just for the default template. To edit a different template, use the File -> Open command and open the template through that method.