The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

logbook Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Where does ticked actions go? Is there a way to review the things I've done recently?

They are still in your database, but aren't typically shown. Do you have the desktop version of OmniFocus as well? If so, you can see the completed items easily there, and even make a perspective for viewing them (context mode, grouped by completed would be my suggestion) which will be synced over to the iPhone and can be used there. If you only have the iPhone, it's a tedious task to review what you've completed. You would go to the settings page and turn on display of all actions for projects, then look at all your projects and see the completed actions that way. Not convenient at all if you just want to see what you did today or in the past week!

Is there a way to setup a Perspective in Omnifocus to view and print a list of items completed in the last week? It would personally be most handy for me when submitting weekly reports.

At the moment, only if you have the desktop version of OmniFocus. This being the OmniFocus for iPhone forum, this isn't the ideal spot for this question, but maybe Brian will split this piece off and file it where it belongs.

If you do, go into context mode (cmd-2), turn on the view bar (cmd-shift-V), and set the view parameters to All Contexts, Group by Completed, Sort by Completed (or perhaps by Project), Completed Actions, Any, Any. Now close all the groups except the ones showing completed actions from today, yesterday, and within the last week. Turn on the Completed date column, if desired. Save this as a new perspective with the Perspectives menu. Unfortunately, you will get the "Completed within the last week" and so on labels in your printout.