The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Expanded view always? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am having trouble getting the expanded view to consistently show. And when I finally get it to show the expanded view for all items it seems I ended up there in a convoluted way, by accident.

In particular, choosing "expand all" doesn't expand all.

Any hints?

Thanks!

doug

You don't say where your cursor is and what the focus state is when you try to expand. These affect the expanding. Here's a couple of tips:

- The sidebar expands separately from the content window.

- If you are focused on a folder or project, then only that element gets expanded/collapsed.

Hey, I just noticed something that bothers me and has bothered me before: collapse all doesn't function the same way in the sidebar as in the content pane.

In the content pane, collapse all leaves me with a list of all projects, in effect it leaves me with a list of all top-level items.

In the sidebar it completely collapses the library folder. So I end up with the Inbox and the Library. Though logically equivalent to the above, I suppose, this is fairly useless to me and is not what I expected. What I'd like is an easy way to collapse all all the folders/projects in the library so that only the top level is showing.

Furthermore, when the library is collapsed, it does not have a triangle I can open it with.

eronel, I would consider that behavior in the sidebar a bug.

You can take advantage of this bug to get what you want by first collapsing all then by "expand-ing row" for the library.

Thanks for the confirmation I wasn't crazy. I just submitted it.

The default seems to be collapsed. I would like the default to always be expanded.

I've been using

Command-4
Control-Command-9
Command-4
Control-Command-9

to quickly expand everything.

I find I can't expand everything even when selecting "expand all" from the view menu.

Shouldn't that expand all the items you currently have listed which are collapsed?

doug

It expands all the way to the leaves for the items that you currently have selected.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
The default seems to be collapsed. I would like the default to always be expanded.
I'm seeing this too. Ever since yesterday's revision 95291, all nodes are collapsed when I launch the app. It seems OmniFocus is no longer remembering open/close state when quitting (or perhaps it's ignoring the state data when launching).

Furthermore, if you rebuild the database (File -> Rebuild Database...), not only is the open/close state of the nodes lost, but so is the window position, sidebar size, and state of the View Bar.

I'll submit this to the Ninjas in a moment.