The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scripting a web page export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to save out an OW page as a file via AppleScript?

I've tried using the standard "save" handler, but it doesn't seem functional.

Ideally, I'd just like to export the current page as a PDF, web archive, or even just the HTML itself. Ultimately the file will get attached to OmniFocus, thus making a task out of a web page.

I'm currently using System Events to walk the menus, but that's a bit of a drag when there are multiple tabs/windows and I want to save out all of them. I could also pass the page off to curl or something, but that becomes problematic if I'm on an authenticated page or a page with frames.

Any way to do this?

There isn't a better way right now but scripting access for saving is something we'd like to offer in the future.