The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Time Period for Repeat Actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have requested this feature via the Send Feedback option in OmniFocus, but it's important for the people at OmniGroup to know how many more people might be interested in this, so I'm posting it here as well.

Here's a practical example of what I mean by being able to set a period for repeat actions: I have an exam in 2 weeks and I want to add an action saying "Study for exam", starting next week and repeating every day until
my exam day, in 2 weeks' time.

It would be a very useful thing for me as a student since a lot of the stuff I have to do is based on such periods for working on a particular task; studying for exams, programming projects, working on large assignments, etc. They're things that take multiple sessions to complete within a given time period.

Does this sound useful for anyone else?

An idea for an immediate fix: add tasks (study session 001, study session 002, study session 003) with your preferred deadline. It's even more flexible than they can build in a custom UI, because you may want to have times with denser study time and times with only one study session per 2 days.

You don't even have to number the study sessions, because you can have multiple tasks with the same name.

I hope this helped.

I would like to have more robust options such as repeat Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. In addition, I would want to be able to specify: repeat 10x or indefinitely or until a specific date. That being said, I think the tools are in OmniFocus to get the job done. Here is how I would approach it:

I would make a project with an action group filled with various series of things that would be helpful.

- make mindmap of the notes
- make flash cards of all key terms, etc.
- set a date for the study group

When this was complete, I would decide how many hours I wanted to study for the test and break it into the appropriate number of chunks. Given the current state of OmniFocus, I think I would prefer to manually duplicate rather than create a repeating task.

Steve

I would very much like to see functionality that is equivalent to what Scrial Consistency does. Scrial really hit a sweet spot with a solution for tracking ambiguously timed tasks such as watering plants (i.e., between every 2 to 4 days.) That would be cool.

Ted