The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Handling non-action notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I keep hitting my head up against the fact that I want non-actionable notes in OF, but OF's structure doesn't really have a place for them. For instance, when I create my list of to-dos under a project, I often want to put in a "what if?" or "remember this" note in the list. IN the list, as a sort of tickler, not in the note field of the project--I just forget it's there.

Filing "note actions" in a special on-hold context "notes" works OK-ish, but they aren't distinct from action items, and they inherit a due date from the project, which I find a bit frustrating. Ideally, I'd like an entirely separate category of non-actionable project child that carried its own icon or colour.

How do others work with these tickler-type notes inside OF? (as discrete from reference notes filed elsewhere.) I'm referring to the sort of sticky note-type stuff that might dot a desktop or computer screen in a paper-based workflow, and seem to belong inside OF in an OmniFocus-based workflow.