The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Project Perspectives, will it happen Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello OF team, I just noticed that perspectives for project are not yet available on the iphone, is this something that's going to happen further down the pipeline or is it just wishful thinking. thanks

Hi - I'm sure that I had my own perspectives on my phone before the latest update. I can't find them now. Have they been removed?

I have experimental features Perspectives as on.

Andrew

They're still there for me, at least the context-mode perspectives. The iPhone app doesn't show project-mode perspectives (yet). Once the experimental feature is turned on, and you've synced with a database that include perspectives from the desktop app, then Perspectives should show up on the OF iPhone home screen.

Curt

Mine are not there. :(

Although I think the syncing between home, work and iphone may have messed up?

What's the best way to reset the syncing?

Andrew

First thing to do is to check on the syncing. In OF for Mac, open the preferences, go to the Sync pane, and click Show Clients. Does it show all of your devices? Have they all synced recently?

Curt

Andrew, can you describe exactly what you're seeing? Are the Perspectives in question visible on the Mac? If so, the first thing I would double-check is that Perspectives are enabled in the Settings for the iPhone app. If that's not turned on, the perspectives won't be visible.

If they're not visible on the Mac or iPhone for some reason, email the support ninjas and we can get this figured out. Sorry for the trouble it's causing!

Last edited by Brian; 2010-07-12 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: "describe what you're describing" makes no sense. :-)

Context perspectives are working fine for me, just reporting, perhaps after the ipad launch we'll see some cool updates to the iphone app :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejorge View Post
Context perspectives are working fine for me, just reporting, perhaps after the ipad launch we'll see some cool updates to the iphone app :)
mobilejorge, I'm actually sort-of-in-agreement-with-you here: I do need Project perspectives on the iPhone because I don't have them on the iPad ;)
Once the iPad app comes out, I won't mind having just context-based on the iPhone (that's assuming of course that iPad can do project-based perspectives).