The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Managing tasks in folders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I create a new task, or convert a project to a task, it moves the task to the miscelaneous project in the root folder. I would like to be able to keep the tasks in the folder structure.

Similar problem: converting a task to a project moves the new project to the root directort. Is it possible to create the new project in the same folder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard69 View Post
When I create a new task, or convert a project to a task, it moves the task to the miscelaneous project in the root folder. I would like to be able to keep the tasks in the folder structure.

Similar problem: converting a task to a project moves the new project to the root directort. Is it possible to create the new project in the same folder?
When I have miscellaneous tasks that I would like to keep in my folder structure, I create a single-action list project in each folder with the same name. For example, if I have a folder called "Car", in it I put in a project called "car" or "car tasks"... something like that.

Then, when I create an action that I want to have in my Car folder, I just set its project to be my single action list called "car".

If I convert a task to a project I use the "Move" button to put the project into the correct folder before saving/closing the dialog.